Chartered Accountants for Solicitors and Legal Sector
Selwyn Arnold FCA
Partner, Head of Legal Services
Tel: 020 8429 8822
Selwyn specialises in solicitors’ accounting rules audits and is a member of the ICAEW Solicitors’ Special Interest Group. He is an expert in Court of Protection and executorship cases.
As specialist advisers to solicitors and the legal sector our services include advising practices directly, as well as providing support services to the clients of solicitors and barristers.
Please see more below and visit our specialist website www.srforsolicitors.co.uk
Services to solicitors for their own practices:
- Taxation saving advice and compliance
- Book-keeping, management accounts & COFA support
- Personal finances and wealth creation
- Practice growth and profit improvement
- SRA requirements as Reporting Accountants
- Retirement and succession planning
- Procurement service
- Working arrangements with other solicitors
Fees and value for money
To ensure we provide you with value for money, We believe that clients should always know our fees or basis of our fees before we start an assignment, so there are no surprises. We are happy to provide fixed fees or quotations for our work in advance.
Referrals and introductions
We place special emphasis on referring solicitors to our clients and large network of contacts. Therefore, we will always want to know your specialisations and ideal recommendations.
“Sobell Rhodes are refreshingly one of the most proactive accountancy firms and business advisors that I have ever encountered”
Nicholas Woolf, Nicholas Woolf & Co Ltd
Support services to solicitors, barristers and their clients
- Probate and estate accounts
- Forensic services
- Expert witness and litigation support
- Court of Protection
- Divorce and financial settlements
- Business valuations
- Commercial disputes
“Rather than treat clients as numbers, Sobell Rhodes proactively assess clients’ entire business profile and recommend the most cost-effective and appropriate modus operandi”
Simon Halberstam, Simons Muirhead & Burton
- For a three partner practice we evaluated how different fee earners charged and then advised how this should be restructured leading to a substantial increase in profitability.
- For a sole practitioner we identified the true costs of running the conveyancing department and advised how to change the charging process and work programming so it became an efficient and worthwhile profit centre of the practice.
- For a fifteen partner practice we advised on a variety of financial control and costing processes to increase fee earners’ recoveries.