Sobell Rhodes LLP (SRLLP) (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting any of our websites or associated websites you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018) , the data controller is Sobell Rhodes LLP The Kinetic Centre, Theobald Street, Elstree, Borehamwood WD6 4PJ.
GDPR Statement of Intent
As a business SRLLP is all about building valuable connections. This means we are working through the impact and implications of the GDPR for both our internal staff, Clients and prospects.
Although GDPR is 95% on the way there; there are elements of the regulation that are still being debated by the EU Article 29 working party. We are working through the ICO 12-point plan to ensure compliance. We are also using GDPR as an opportunity to review the way we collect, store, process and safeguard personal data. This is to ensure that we (and our clients) are marketing to our audience in a way that complies with the GDPR and that will continue to deliver the best possible results and experiences on both side.
Legal Basis for Processing Data and Legitimate Interest
We collect data on your behalf so:
- We are able to provide the necessary services to comply with any data required by government departments.
- Performance of a contract with you.
- Necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
- Necessary for our legitimate interests to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services, to develop our business, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy, define types of customers for our products and service.
- To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey.
- To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you.
Information We Collect
We may collect and process the following information about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site, using social media logins and /or other plugins. Or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when subscribed to a newsletter or use some of the social media functions on our site. This information you give may include (but is not necessarily limited to):
- Your personal name and address
- Your business name and address
- Your email address
- Your phone or mobile number
- Your photograph
- Your Date of Birth
Information we collect about you. Each time you visit our site or interact with the emails we send to you, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version operating system and platform
- Information about your visit including the URL clickstream to through and from our site (including date and time); pages, resources and /or services you viewed or searched for; and methods used to browse away from the page
- Information about your interaction with our emails, including whether you have opened the email, the number of times the email is accessed, and your interaction with the email content including the links you have clicked
Information we received from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites associated with SRLLP.
We may use your identity, contact, technical, usage and profile data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant to you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
Uses Made of The Information
We use information held about you in the following ways (the following lists are not exhaustive):
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- To provide you with information about other resources, materials, goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already accessed, purchased or enquired about
- To notify you about changes to our service
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to improve our site
- to allow you to participate in interactive features, when you choose to do so
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant services to you
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about content, or services that may interest you or them
Information we receive from other sources:
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of Your Information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may also share your information (including personal data) with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter with them or you
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our own servers or our third-party servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking (or omitting to check) certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us email@example.com and please state the site it is in reference to.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We keep data for all existing clients indefinitely unless the client expressly requests that data over a certain period is deleted from our live systems. The request can be denied if the data is needed for legal reason or for reference purposes that will assist in any investigation.
For disengaged clients we will delete from our live system after 6 years which is the legal requirement.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
A cookie is a small text file written to your hard drive that contains information about your account and use of this site. Cookies do not contain any personal information about users. Cookies enable us to collect useful information and to improve your experience when accessing and using our site.
The cookies we use on our site include:
This policy will help you understand what data Google collects, why they collect it and what they do with it.
This Policy gives you details on how Google uses your data and how you can control what you send to them, when using third party sites such as ours.
We use this service to improve your experience across the sites.
This service runs in the background and drops one or more cookies to your computer, or handheld device. It helps us measure how you interact with our websites content by tracking your user journey and site interactions. The cookies store non-identifiable information about your browsing history, we use this data to analyse patterns and trends to help improve your experience.
The data Google Analytics stores about you:
Non-identifiable data such as, visits, pages views, time on site, and the journey you take through the site.
For more details on Google Analytics please visit their website http://www.google.com/analytics/
Thank you for visiting our site.