Restaurants, Pubs and Leisure
Tel: 020 8429 8800
In addition to being a Chartered Certified Accountant, Jeremy is a member of the British Institute of Innkeepers as a result of his successful 13 year managerial career in the restaurants, pubs and leisure sector. The combination of first-hand high level managerial experience, alongside his professional accountancy service, means Jeremy brings a unique blend of financial and commercial advice to clients in this sector.
Jeremy understands the challenges faced by leisure sector entrepreneurs, having built award-winning customer service teams and achieving double digit sales growth during his time with two of the UK’s largest pub groups. Jeremy also ran his own family restaurant in North London, which was STAR rated by the Time Out Restaurant Guide.
Our expertise in advising restaurants, pubs and other businesses within the leisure sector means we have a special interest in providing a wide range of financial, assurance and support services.
In addition to a general range of services across our firm, our support also includes:
- Preparing management accounts in line with the needs of food and beverage based businesses
- Key performance indicator (KPI) setting and measurement; including financial and non-financial measurables (including cover turn analysis; spend per head; wet/dry split; wastage tracking; key line measurement)
- Gross profit (GP%) analysis and menu costing
- Wage cost planning
- Expense and overhead trend analysis
- Internal system reviews and critical control point analysis
- Designing work procedures manuals and systems to improve and standardise performance
- Advising on financial and internal control procedures
- Advising on capital allowances and replacement relief for retail premisises
- Advising on TRONCs for staff tips
- Advising on VAT for zero rated and standard rated products
- Advising on income tax and benefit in kind implications for entrepreneurs living on site
- Consultancy in relation to Enhanced Research and Development tax relief in relation to innovative menus and food preparation techniques
- Strategic planning, profit improvement & one-to-one business coaching with Jeremy