26. Make Your Reception Area Special
Your reception area communicates the message you want to convey about your business, so make it special!
Here are three ideas:
Create a slideshow!
Install a plasma screen in your reception area and run a 5-10 minute PowerPoint slideshow. This gives you an opportunity to make people aware of your complete range of products and services.
Create a menu!
Instead of the typical “Can I get you a cup of coffee?” let’s be different. Present your customers with a menu of available drinks, and if you are serving coffee, be sure it is the best – there’s nothing like a “proper” cup of coffee.
Create a theme!
When you’re deciding what to put on the walls of your reception area, have a consistent theme. Anything unusual, particularly if it’s related to the interests of the owners, will get people attention.
- Framed photographs of what your street looked like 100+ years ago – readily available from your local historical society
- A collection of football shirts or autographed photos
- A selection of paintings by one of your customers
- Pictures of your company’s owners as children, or doing their favourite recreational activity
Your reception area may be the only part of your business that a visitor sees, so make it interesting and different.