What your customers say about you is infinitely more persuasive to a prospect than anything you could possibly say about yourself, hence the popularity of websites such as tripadvisor.co.uk and yelp.co.uk. Testimonials help to build trust; whether your customers are raving about what your product has done for them or about great service provided, they are telling prospects first and foremost that they had a truly positive experience with your company.
Many customers are pleased to provide a testimonial if you make it easy for them. When a customer compliments you on your product or service (usually at the point of delivery), respond accordingly:
“Thank you for your comments. I would really appreciate a written testimonial from you. Could I ask you to send me a few lines in the next day or so?”
Then consider all the ways you can use these testimonials:
- Put them on your website
- Ask them to post them on your LinkedIn profile in the Recommendations section.
- Put copies in a binder and keep it in your reception area
- Include them in your various marketing brochures
- Have the original testimonial letters individually framed – hang them throughout the office
- Include pictures of your customers – they will make the testimonial letters even more effective